Chengdu Subway Maps and Guide
Chengdu, the most prominant city of southwestern China, is stepping into Subway Era far ahead of other southwestern cities as what its people expected. Chengdu carried out a metro plan of building in total 7 subway lines to cover entire Chengdu for the purpose of easing the traffice congestion and city pollution on the ground. Parently, there are already 2 lines under operation-Line 1 and Line 2, which has made Chengdu the seventh city having a functioning subway system, after Beijing, Guangzhou, Nanjing, Shanghai, Shenzhen and Tianjin.Come and take a subway Chengdu tour.
Chengdu is going to build 7 subway lines in future
The construction of the Line 1 began in December of 2005, and turned into running on 27th September, 2010. There are 28 subway stations which stretch from south of Chengdu to north of Chengdu overall a lengh of 36km. From the Shengxian Lake, the Line 1 steers southward, passing via Wenshu Monastery, the largest railway station-Chengdu North Railway Station, stops a minute at Chengdu's center-Tianfu Square, keeps moving, via Chengdu South Railway Station, finally arrives at the most prosperous Century City.
Advanced communication systems have been installed on the platforms and in the halls of every Line 1 station. These systmes include 46x52in high-definition electronic display terminals, which give passengers information on train times, news and other multimedia.
Line 2 connects Chengdu between northwest and Southeast, which makes it very convenient to take subway from outer 3-ring area, like Longquan District and Xipu District, to Chendu central city area.The Line 2's construction is divided to two phases. So far, the first phase construction is completed, and the section between Chadianzi Bus Station and Institute of Administration is under operation. The second phase of line 2 construction has two parts: the Western extention section and the Eastern section. The Western extention section will be finished in 2013, and will turn to operation in the May of 2013 while the East section has to wait to 2014.
Detailed route map of Chengdu subway 2013
Best-selling Chengdu tours
- 3 Days Chengdu Highlights Tour
- 4 Days Classic Leshan & Mount Emei Tour
- 5 Days Classic Chengdu & Jiuzhaigou Tour
- 5 Days Panda Volunteer Tour at Bifengxia Panda Base
Chengdu Metro Timetable, Station and Routes
- DirectionFirst ExpressLast Express
- StopTo Century CityTo Shengxian LakeTo Century CityTo Shengxian Lake
- Shengxian Lake06:30—22:30—
- North Railway Station06:3207:0222:3323:32
- Renmin Rd. North06:3506:5922:3523:29
- Wenshu Monastery06:3706:5722:3723:27
- Tianfu Square06:4106:5322:4223:23
- Jinjiang Hotel06:4406:5122:4423:21
- Sichuan Gymnasium06:4806:4622:4823:16
- South Railway Station06:5406:3922:5423:10
- Hi-Tech Zone06:5706:3722:5723:08
- Financial City06:5906:3522:5923:05
- Incubation Park07:0106:3323:0123:03
- Century City—06:30—23:00
- DirectionFirst ExpressLast Express
- StopTo Institute of AdministrationTo Chadianzi Bus TerminalTo Institute of AdministrationTo Chadianzi Bus Terminal
- Chadianzi Bus Terminal07:00—22:30—
- Yangxi Flyover07:0207:1222:3222:42
- Yipintianxia Shuhan07:0407:1022:3422:40
- Shuhan Road East07:0707:0722:3722:37
- CUTCM & Sichuan People's Hospital07:1207:0222:4222:32
- Renmin Park07:1606:5822:4622:28
- Tianfu Square07:1806:5622:4822:26
- Chunxi Road07:2106:5322:5122:23
- Dongmen Bridge07:2306:5122:5322:21
- Dongda Road07:3006:4423:0022:14
- Tazishan Park07:3206:4223:0222:12
- East Railway Station07:3406:3923:0422:09
- Chengyü Flyover07:3706:3723:0722:07
- Institute of Administration—06:30—22:00
Things to do along the Chengdu Subway
Chengdu Subway Shopping Guide
Useful Chengdu Subway Tips
- Auto machine only accept 70%-new or newer paper money of 5￥ and 10￥ money, or coins. If you don't have newer money or coins, you can buy ticket from the desk.
- Taking subway with Tianfutong Subway Card, get a discount of 10%.
- Subway ticket is only available for a day, you must use it within 30 minutes after buying it.
- Board subway by the sides of door.
- There is a subway every 10 minutes.
- Please do not take photo with photoflash which may mix up with subway signal light.
- Kids less then 120cm(including 120cm) can take subway without charge.